Sunday 22 August 2010

Healthy Food!

Today I will share tasty sandwich and delicious dinner with you guys. Why? Well because it might give you a hint what is a healthy food. But there's easy rule in making healthy meal. Healthy food has 5 different colors! So you need to get those veggies and fruits into your meals to get the colors! Let's start!

Light Sandwich
-rye bread
-slice of turkey/chicken
-tomato
-cheese
-lettuce
Now we got all 5 colors! But you can add aswell spinach, parsley etc. Note that I don't use butter. I stopped using butter because it's just extra fat. I consume my fat from flaxseeds, nuts or fish oil.

Dinner/lunch

I'm not sure what to call this dinner I made. I was myself trying out some new food. Quinoa is well-known for it's healthy benefits and as rice replacer. I'll tell more about Quinoa someday. I don't wanna give up on my brown rice. So instead of having only rice or only quinoa. I added half of brown rice and half quinoa. Which makes the meal pretty exotic. Atleast for me. I liked it but it tasted like something I would eat when I'm abroad.
- Quinoa
- Brown rice
- Parsley
- Chives
- Garlic
- Onion
- Corn
- Green beans
- Chicken
- a tiny bit of olive oil and soy sauce!
(- I was thinking about having carrots and tomatoes in it too but that's toooo much!! It wouldn't fit into my fridge)

Theres lots of different tastes. But it's full delicious ingredients that I like. I have never been a person who just follows some boring recipies. My mom have always tried to mix all sort of foods together to complete delicious meals! I guess I learned it from her. Actually I noticed this when I started my weightloss project. I started reading all sorts of things from very very many sites, looking for healthy foods and the benefits and of course about exercising. I never do things just because someone says I have to do it. No, I always search my way to the truth. I want to be sure!

0 kommenttia:

Post a Comment